Our Chief Clinical Officer, Ian Oppel, had the opportunity to be interviewed for Episode 024: Adopting New Technology in Rehab of the Rehab U Podcast. Below, find a brief description of the insightful conversation:
In this world of ever-changing technology –from telehealth to digital practice management— one challenge presents itself: how can organization incentivize or encourage staff and clinicians to adopt these new tools into their everyday practice? Some of these tools and platforms involve large investments of man-power, time, and dollars. Organizations definitely want to ensure that their investment in innovative care actually ends up being used to improve outcomes & effectiveness of care.
Well, my guest this week, Ian Oppel, sees this firsthand everyday. He’s the Chief Clinical Officer at RESTORE-Skills, a company that gamifies the rehab process through a technological platform connecting clinicians, patients, and family/members & support systems. They’re tool allows organizations to inch closer to value-based care.
What we cover in this Episode
- The move to Value-Based care
- Telehealth & Virtual Care
- How communication affects patient care, engagement, and experience
- How we can use data and technology to promote Better Outcomes
- Understanding knowledge transfer and how it can improve clinical outcomes
- How technology should enhance, not detract from the patient experience
- Taking a Biopsychosocial Approach to healthcare