What do you do at RESTORE-Skills and in what circumstances would I come to you for something?
- As a therapist, I have always been passionate about providing the best possible experience for my patients. In my time spent in other roles such as business development, admissions, and management, I always had a focus on customer service and problem-solving. I joined the RESTORE-Skills Customer Success team because I know the best way to help serve the elders in our communities is to ensure that our partners have the knowledge and training to maximize our platform. I would have loved to have RESTORE as a therapist and am now in a role where I can make that a reality for others.
Who has influenced you most when it comes to how you approach your work?
- My father. I grew up in a family auction business so I dealt with the public from a young age. He always taught me to treat the janitor with the same respect as the CEO. How important relationships and connections are in life.
What is your favorite thing to do when not at work?
- We love to thrift and run a part-time reselling business. I also love to attend my sons’ games. My youngest (Landon) plays basketball, my middle son (Kameron) plays soccer and Esports, and my oldest (Nathan) is killing it in the Esports circuit. He started the program at his school.
If you could snap your fingers and become an expert in something, what would it be?
- Home repairs. I am the classic Youtube repairman. I know just enough to be dangerous.
What’s one thing most people don’t know about you?
- I am a state-licensed auctioneer (yes I can talk fast).
What led you to this career path?
- It's really been a combination of my life experiences. I spent 10+ years in sales prior to going back to school to get my COTA license. I have always loved people and now I get to work on a product that directly benefits those same patients I treated in therapy.
What’s one song artist you are embarrassed to admit you like?
- I don’t really get embarrassed by artists. My playlist has anything from George Jones to Tupac.
What’s one totally irrational fear you have?
- Climbing ladders. I hate it.
Are you a dog person or a cat person (or neither)?
- I have always been a cat person but do like dogs. Our greyhound Chase helped to convert me.
What’s changed you about the COVID-19 pandemic, and why?
- I spent the last year and a half in a nursing facility and got to see how COVID affects residents firsthand. The isolation and uncertainty they experienced really opens your eyes to what's important. Family and good friends make all the difference.